Contact Dave Ingram: 905-715-2574
Mold is a type of fungus that can grow on fibers. Mold is most often associated with locations such as bathrooms, basements and attics because they tend to be more damp or musty. Mold travels through the air as tiny spores and then can land in wet areas where the spores can spread. If you see any kind of mold it is best to act quickly before it can spread to other areas. Where there is mold there is good indication of a moisture problem, which should be dealt with as soon as possible.
According to Dr. John D. Shane, Vice President of Laboratory services of PRO-LAB millions of homes across America have hidden water leaks that are promoting mold growth that can expose homeowners to mold spores. Mold has a potential to cause health problems like allergies, irritation (to lungs, eyes, skin, throat, nose) and are potentially toxic. Inhaling and touching mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals and normally healthy individuals may become sensitive to mold after exposure.
The EPA states that, "It is important to take precautions to limit your exposure to mold and mold spores. Avoid breathing in mold or mold spores". The EPA also recommends that if you suspect you have a hidden mold problem you should consider hiring an experienced professional to avoid exposure to potentially massive doses of mold spores.
Mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows the more damage it can cause. If there is a mold problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly. Mold can be hidden, growing on the water from a hidden leak, and can develop into a potentially large problem if not caught in time.
Testing your home on a regular basis is a prudent way to prevent small problems from growing into a costly and unhealthy situation, and always avoid exposing yourself and others to mold.
Free Home Maintenance Book and
Extra Time to Explain How Your Home Works